NatWest (NWG.L) is closing a further 43 branches, as lenders reduce their presence on the high streets to cut costs and to adapt to more customers taking up online banking.
Several branches in Scotland, including in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, are among the fresh wave of closures.
Six jobs are expected to be put at risk as part of the closures, indicating most branch staff will be offered the opportunity to take up a role in a different branch or another part of the business.
"As with many industries, most of our customers are shifting to mobile and online banking, because it’s faster and easier for people to manage their financial lives," a NatWest spokesperson said, adding that the bank was investing in alternative services.
The branches will close between January and March next year.
The closures are the latest in a series of such moves by NatWest, which said it February it would close 32 branches. Most staff were moved to other branches at that time, but 12 jobs were put at risk.
List of NatWest branch closures
· 18 Market Place, Henley-on-Thames
· Hightown, Sandbach
· 141 High Street, Stourbridge
· 49 High Street, Wetherby
· 5 Broad Street, Wokingham
· 2 Spring Gardens, Buxton
· York Street, Clitheroe
· 34 Southampton Road, Eastleigh
· 19 The Grove, Ilkley England
· 44 Packhorse Road, Gerrards Cross
· 12 Station Road East, Oxted,
· 181 Darkes Lane, Potters Bar,
· 19 Market Street Shipley
· 68 Palmerston Road Southsea
· 37 High Street St. Neots
· 3 Cornmarket Thame
· Norfolk Square Glossop
· Corner of Alexandra & Sea View Street Cleethorpes
· 209 Ashley Road Parkstone
· 1 Market Place Devizes
· 49 High Street Uckfield
· 93 London Road Waterlooville
· 130 High Street Tonbridge England71 Lowther Street Whitehaven
· 71 Lowther Street, Whiteheaven
· 1 Courthouse Square, Dundee
· 214 High Holborn, London
· 21 St Mary's Road, Market Harborough
· 11 High Street, Lewes
· 208 Lower Blandford Road, Broadstone
· 19 Miller Road, Ayr
· 209 Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon
· 262 Union Street, Aberdeen
· 118 Walsgrave Road, Coventry
· 128 Balham Road, London
· 109 George Street, Edinburgh
· 19 High Road, Beeston
· 119 High Street, Berkhamstead
· 151 Bath Road, Cheltenham
· 14 Blythswood Square, Glasgow
· 124 High Street, Bromsgrove
· 1 Croydon Road, Caterham
· 34 High Street, Cheadle
· 91 London Road, Headington
NatWest said it will contact its vulnerable customers to provide support following the announcement.
The group acknowledged some customers might be worried by the closure of their local branch, particularly if they are uncomfortable or unable to use online banking, but it will ensure "no-one is left behind".
Watch: NatWest doubles profits but says outlook clouded by cost of living crisis