Summary. Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) refers to two chronic autoimmune diseases that cause intestinal inflammation: Crohn’s disease (CD) and Ulcerative Colitis (UC).
New York, May 02, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Ulcerative Colitis (UC) Market Size and Trend Report including Epidemiology, Disease Management, Pipeline Analysis, Competitor Assessment, Unmet Needs, Clinical Trial Strategies and Forecast to 2031" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06454345/?utm_source=GNW
In Ulcerative Colitis (UC), chronic inflammation affects the colon (also known as the large intestine).
Initially, Ulcerative Colitis (UC) usually manifests in the terminal part of the colon, the rectum, and is termed ulcerative proctitis. It can extend to the entire left part of the colon (left-sided proctitis) or the entire colon (pancolitis).
The etiology of Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is classified as idiopathic, although there are numerous theories regarding possible causes.The following hypotheses and factors have been proposed to explain the source of the continuous inflammation of the colon seen in Ulcerative Colitis (UC) patients.
For the analysis in this report, patients are segmented by severity: mild to moderate, moderate to severe, and severe to fulminant.
The analyst estimates by 2031 Ulcerative Colitis (UC) drug sales to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8%, which will be driven by the approvals and launches of nine pipeline therapies and biosimilars.
The current Ulcerative Colitis (UC) market is overcrowded with cheap generic drugs for mild to moderate disease, expensive biologics such as anti-tumor necrosis factors (TNFs) and anti-integrins, and biosimilars for severe disease that are used as short- or long-term alternatives to surgical options.The R&D within this space consists of 11 late-stage pipeline drugs with five oral formulations, more convenient dosing frequencies, novel mechanisms of action (MOAs), and improved safety profiles and drug availability.
However, the pipeline products will be challenged by the increasing emergence of biosimilars, since the major brands will experience patent cliffs throughout the forecast period.
There are still high levels of unmet clinical need in the Ulcerative Colitis (UC) market, especially relating to the lack of safe and efficacious treatment alternatives. Additionally, key opinion leaders (KOLs) interviewed indicated the need for biomarkers to predict responsiveness to therapy and prognosis, the lack of highly efficacious treatment alternatives, the low availability of treatments for patients with comorbidities, as well as the standardization of patient-reported outcomes (PROs).
Major drivers of growth in the Ulcerative Colitis (UC) market over the forecast period include:
• An increase in prevalence rates in four of the eight major markets and an increase in diagnosed
prevalent cases in seven markets.
• The approval and launch of 11 pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, some of which are directed towards significant unmet needs
• The high treatment rates across the 8MM
• The high unmet need for safe efficacious therapies.
The major barriers of growth in the Ulcerative Colitis (UC) market during the forecast period include:
• The high prices of biologic agents, which will prevent physicians from prescribing them to all
• The crowded market dynamics, including the already established biologics market, which will
make the uptake of pipeline drugs more difficult.
• Patent expiries of key biologics, which will decrease sales due to the launch of biosimilars and
subsequent brand erosion, as well as adding to the overall competitiveness of the market for
- Overview of ulcerative colitis, including epidemiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized ulcerative colitis therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns forecast from 2021 to 2031.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping, and implications of these factors for the ulcerative colitis market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for ulcerative colitis treatment. The most promising candidates in Phase III and Phase IIb development are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ulcerative colitis therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ulcerative colitis therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global ulcerative colitis therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06454345/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001