The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil
* Malaysian palm oil futures fell over 2 percent on Thursday evening, as a stronger ringgit MYR=
and concerns of smaller than expected production declines weighed on the market.
* Chicago soybean futures 0#S: fell to a four-month low on Thursday ahead of U.S. Department of
Agriculture data due on Friday that was expected to show bigger U.S. stockpiles and higher
Brazilian soy output.
* Oil prices retreated from big gains on Thursday, but still managed to settle at three-year
highs after the global Brent benchmark hit $70 a barrel on signs of tightening supply in the
* Brent crude prices hit $70 a barrel on signs of tightening crude stocks but settled off that
level on Thursday, while a jump in energy shares helped lift U.S. stocks.
> Monsanto looking to sell dicamba-resistant GM soy seed in Brazil
> Agroconsult sees Brazil soybean crop at record 114.1 mln tonnes
> Argentine soy output forecast lowered due to drought
> U.S. weather forecaster sees La Niña chances at 85-95 pct
> More cold weather poses challenges to U.S. corn ethanol makers
> Cargo surveyor ITS releases Malaysia's Jan 1-15 palm oil export data on Jan 15.
> Cargo surveyor SGS releases Malaysia's Jan 1-15 palm oil export data on Jan 15.
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil, Reuters Terminal
users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India, Pakistan and
Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by double clicking on
the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same chain, hit F12. To go back, hit
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 0042 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
MY PALM OIL JAN8 0 +0.00 0 0 0
MY PALM OIL FEB8 0 +0.00 0 0 0
MY PALM OIL MAR8 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY8 5272 -64.00 5270 5318 133504
CHINA SOYOIL MAY8 5750 -38.00 5742 5794 103370
CBOT SOY OIL MAR8 33.15 -2.70 0 0 0
INDIA PALM OIL JAN8 559.50 -2.70 559.00 561.7 1083
INDIA SOYOIL JAN8 741.85 -3.10 741.6 743.65 3900
NYMEX CRUDE FEB8 63.55 -0.25 63.46 63.66 8192
Palm oil prices in Malaysian ringgit per tonne
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil and RBD palm olein in Chinese yuan per tonne
India soy oil in Indian rupee per 10 kg
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
(Reporting by KL newsroom)